Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Well I must say that I haven’t been this excited about the start of a year in a while!!

Last night was a lot more fun than I expected.  We had my sister; cousin and niece all spend the night.  We had two neighbors’ families over; the kids were all running around crazy.  And of course a baby toy broke, which is becoming the norm when all the kids get together.  We all counted down exchanged hugs and then the kids laid down to watch a movie; I don’t think it even started before they were asleep.  The house was a disaster but I ignored it, the mess would still be there in the morning!  And it was!!
Woke up had to start the pork, cabbage and black-eyed peas.  I was lucky my husband started cleaning the mess from the night before while I cooked and got the kids their breakfast.  Just as I was finishing the food Ryan finished the cleaning.  We started Toy Story 3 and got the game Twister going.  I have pictures but I wouldn’t embarrass my sister and cousin with posting.  Lots of laughing, I loved having them over.  We are watching football and snacking until our early dinner. 

Now of course it will not only be a day of leisure, I have been repeatedly checking my email.  My editor should be emailing the FINAL revision!!!  Yes, I understand it is a holiday and tomorrow is Sunday, so I might not get it until Monday.  But I will continue to check every half hour!  I can’t wait to do a read through and then send it to my family and friends who have been waiting to read it in its entirety!!  Then later during the week I will work on a revision to my pitch and then practice, practice and more practice.  I also have to start thinking about my business cards.  Which kind of makes me laugh, but they are necessary.  http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/156457/how_to_pack_for_a_writers_conference_pg3.html

Very excited and anxious about the adventures that are approaching quickly!  Hopefully the rest of the year will be as exciting as January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment