Sunday, January 16, 2011

The library...

I went to the library yesterday while Ryan took Claire to the park.  Two things happened while I was there.  1) THEY CALLED!!  As in they I mean David Henry Sterry, the book Doctors!  Of course I walked into the library and before I could even pull up the card catalog on the library computer my phone was vibrating.  I had already programmed their number in my address book and was shocked when I saw that was the name on the caller id.  I went outside and we chatted for a few minutes.  We decided to talk on Monday.  We didn’t set up a time, I think I am going to email them today to see if we can pin point a time.  As you know I have 2 kids I need to make sure they are not here during this phone conversation.  That’s all I need is them distracting me, that would look very unprofessional.  Ok 2) my local library needs help!  It was very disappointing to see the lack of books they have for our youth.  The books were so old.  Not sure how I can help, but I am going to think and see if there is something we as a community can do to help their collection, or lack there of!

Yesterday I jotted down a few lines for a pitch, but not much.  I think I am going to write a completely different one.  That would give me three total.  David can help me figure out what direction I should go and probably take some from all.  So excited to hear what he has to say.  I am going off subject; I already talked about the book doctors.  Back to yesterday, last night Ryan was kind enough to watch Eclipse with me.  While watching it I started thinking how cool for Stephanie Meyers, she dreamed up this whole story and she actually gets to see it play out on the big screen.  I can not even imagine how that must feel for a writer, and I doubt I ever will, but hey Abigail thinks it is possible!  After watching Eclipse I was excited to start reading one of the 5 books I checked out from the library, the short second life of bree tanner.  Didn’t get far, I was more tired than I had first realized.  I got a wide range of books at the library: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Roverandom by J.R.R Tolkien, The Silver Chair (The chronicles of Narnia) by C.S. Lewis, the short second life of bree tanner by Stephanie Meyer and Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough.  I put them in the order of excitement, not the order I will read them.  Hopefully the kiddies will be good this week so I can get all the stuff I need together for NYC and I can read all of the books.  HAHAHA, right, a girl can dream! We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment