Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February = busy!

I have been focused on writing the last couple of months, so much, that I have almost forgotten about the other things in my life.  It is a constant brain tug (my own term) each morning trying to decide what I should do.  Clean the house, cook dinner, do laundry, etc. I could go on for pages of all the things I should be doing.  But then I think of my dream and how badly I want it, I feel like I have put it on the back burner for so many years that I am scared if I do that again, the dream will be gone. 

What I have decided.  February is an extremely busy month.  Abigail turns 7 this week plus she has two dance competitions this month, which means tons more dance practices.  Needless to say February must be devoted to her, and my whole family.  So I will be taking February off, sort of. 

I am going to enter the Writer’s Digest your story contest.
It is due February 10th so I will work on it sparingly until then, making sure it isn’t taking too much of my time.  I actually started it on the flight home from NYC.  I know exactly what I want to do.  After I enter the contest I will post the short story here.

I need to go get my daughter’s 7th birthday present! (Tear, they grow up too fast!) Back to my mothering duties, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment