Thursday, December 30, 2010

Taking a chance!

I found information about the writers digest conference.
The conference did sound great, I could learn a lot but the most enticing thing was a pitch slam!  I could pitch my book face to face with agents; no waiting, the response would be immediate.  The conference is in New York and it’s not cheap.  I don’t have a job and would never think of taking anything away from my kids for a possibility.  So I turned to my parents and my grandparents.  I told them about what I had been up to and what I wanted to do.  I was extremely nervous and I had convinced my self that they would tell me no, I was asking for money right before Christmas. 
My family all responded with a YES!  Ok then I got scared; did I really want to put myself out there?  I decided yes I did; I remembered I wanted to come out of the closet not stay in!  I booked my flight that night, non refundable, non stop flight to NYC, no turning back!

I booked the conference and my hotel room, a friend of mine even said she would go with me just to keep the cost down!  Plus she said, she didn’t want me to chicken out and she was going to give me support!  I am lucky I have such a great family and wonderful friends!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Closet Writer, I love the blog! I'm excited for you and know I will enjoy reading about your 2011 journey to getting published! Awesome!

    Charley

    ReplyDelete