Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kaya's Korner: Book Review Grading Scale

Book Review Grades

I’m new to this whole book review thing - I read books and talk about them with friends, but have never written about them, well except in high school and college.  So, I thought it would be fun if at the end of each review there was a grade.  However, this is not your ordinary grading system.

​Scale:

- Pre-order (The book is so incredible, that if I could go back in time and pre-order it, I would.)
- Hardback (I want a copy in hardback because the book is a must read and I would like to add it to my library.  I want this one to last and to show its importance and that it was a favorite of mine.)
- Paperback (It was a great read and I would definitely recommend it, but probably wouldn’t read it again.)
- E-Reader (It’s a good book, but there are other books out there to read.  You can get to this one eventually.)
- Discount (You know those books that never quite make it and end up getting slapped with a huge discount and wind up in a giant bin with a large red sign that screams “sale?”  Well, they’re there because nobody read those books, which means they probably weren’t that good.  So this term is given to the books I didn’t like, would pass up if I could, and would recommend reading only if you can get it for that ridiculous discount and have read everything else.)

Do you have any books that would fall into these categories?

2 comments:

  1. Pre order AND Hardback: Jane Eyre. (sigh and swoon)

    Paper: The Hollow, by Jessica Verday. Loved the premise, but too much of the book was just set up for the next one. I've heard the second is better, but I just can't get myself psyched up to read it. Hum.

    Discount: Can't bring myself to put anything here. Bad writer's Karma. LOL

    Love the grading system, and looking forward to your reviews! I'm putting you in my sidebar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Jane Eyre - something about those period pieces get me. Pride & Prejudice is my favorite.

    I'll have to add The Hollow and it's sequel to my book list and hopefully I won't ever have to give a grade of "discount." That would be such a bummer.

    ReplyDelete