Mother’s Day is my favorite holiday. Why, you ask? Not Christmas, Halloween, Valentine ’s Day. No, because this day celebrates me and only me. Let me explain myself. My job is a stay at home mom. This day celebrates what I do, what all moms do. We juggle life; sometime we crash and burn, sometimes we do it with grace, but WE DO IT. It is the best job in the world, but it is also, in my opinion, the hardest. It is the day I celebrate myself and all other woman that I have a connection with around the world for sharing the most rewarding job a person can ask for - being a parent. So in honor of my favorite holiday I am going to give out some awards to my fellow bloggers. People who help me on the other part of my life, the writer part. They might not know it, but they help me balance being a writer and being a mother. Thank you to all!
Ok, this started out as my blog but part of the balance I needed was to bring someone in to help and Kaya has helped tremendously. These awards are given out by the both of us.
Kaya and I both want to thank A. G. Howard and Ashley Graham for our stylish award. We love you guys and appreciate not only the award but your constant participation on our blog.
Here are the rules for both awards:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize said theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Okay, now here are my and Kaya’s seven random things...
3. Jessica: I always wanted to marry someone rich, so that if I had kids I wouldn’t have to take care of them, I could have a nanny. I never dreamed of my wedding or having a family. I went to college, was a college cheerleader and was all about myself. That all changed when I met my husband and fell in love with him. After 3 months we were inseparable; we got married almost 2 years later and then had our first daughter. Your life hardly ever turns out the way you imagine it, but in my case, I am so glad it didn’t.
4. Kaya: I have mild OCD. It’s mostly in my car. For example, after rolling the windows up, I have to push the button between 3-5 times to make sure the windows are actually rolled up; same with my sun roof. Sometimes I check my back windows (I have buttons in the front) even if I didn’t roll them down. Occasionally, I push the lock button on my keychain twice when I’m walking away even though I hear the car horn honk and know it’s locking. At home, after I unplug the coffee pot, I’ll go back later and physically pick up the plug to double check it’s not plugged in, as if the plug could re-plug itself. Don’t ask me why I do this, I just do.
5. Jessica: My family and I are Disney freaks. We love everything about Disney. Disney television shows, Disney Movies, Disney toys, Disney Clothes and of course Disney World. My husband and I went to Disney on our Honeymoon. My 7 year old has been 3 times and my 18 month old has already been once. We always say we are not going to back for a while, and then we always seem to go back anywhere from a year to 2 years later. My favorite Disney Character is Eeyore. Four years ago in Disney World my husband and daughter surprised me with a charm bracelet they bought in one of the stores: it had a Mickey charm, a Tinkerbelle charm, a Belle charm, a J charm and of course an Eeyore charm. I wear it all the time, like a piece of fine jewelry. And on my last trip my husband and daughter surprised me with a big Eeyore stuffed animal. And yes I sleep with it, but I can quit anytime I want.
6. Kaya: I love covers! I love when I can get into my bed and burrow under blankets. In fact, I love it so much I generally sleep with pajama pants and a sweatshirt. On top of my comforter, I keep a small faux fur blanket and burrow like a bear in hibernation. Usually I don’t sleep with the fan on, but even when I do I usually wake up in the middle of the night in a small sweat, take off the sweatshirt, and go right back to my blankets and burrow. I feel sorry for my potential husband – we might have to have separate beds.
And my blog awards would not be complete without a MOTHER’S DAY award. This blogger is not a “writer” in the same sense as my other blogger awards are, but she is a beautiful writer. The reason why she writes so beautifully is because what she writes about is her love, her passion, her life…. Her son. Please check out Courtney Roth’s Blog about her journey.
All of the Blog Award winners work hard on their posts to give us informative and entertaining reads. I personally get excited when I see a new post up by all of you, I enjoy reading them. To all my fellow mom’s out there, I hope your mother’s day is wonderful. And, again Thank You to everyone for your great Blogs.